Sunday, October 24, 2010

June 2010...drumroll....here's what the architects came up with...

I have been more than a little slack in updating over the course of the past very busy few months. The architects came up with their grand plans about 5 weeks after we gave them the brief. It seemed like ages so I was thrilled to hear from them when they wanted to get together to show us what they had come up with.

I must admit when the architects presented us with their concept I was a little shell-shocked. This is the initial imagery:



While Mike loved the general concept I felt like it looked too much like a hospital or commercial building and a lot heavier structure than what I had anticipated based on the relatively light weight concept pics we'd provided as inspiration. This image was without all the materials added and looked more clinical I guess. My staff interior designer assured me that with appropriate warmer tones and cladding it would look sensational. I still had my doubts but should have trusted her insight as she really does have great visualisation skills...

No comments:

Post a Comment